Safe Driving Pledge Campaign
The Safe Driving Pledge Campaign encourages residents to drive safely while spreading the message about this program.
How does it work?
The concept is simple! Interested Marin County residents pledge to drive safely and courteously on our streets. In turn, they receive the official “Safe Driving Pledge” static cling decal to display on the rear window of their vehicles.
The Purpose of the Campaign
The purpose of the Pledge campaign is to raise awareness and encourage motorists to:
- Drive within the legal speed limit on neighborhood streets.
- Share the road with pedestrians and bicyclists, be courteous, and drive safely.
- Reduce cell phone use to urgent calls only and always hands-free. Never text, use the internet, or use any other handheld devices while driving.
The Safe Driving Pledge decal shows other drivers that you, as a resident, are taking part in a community-based effort to promote safer and friendlier neighborhood streets.
Promote the Safe Driving Pledge
Schools, businesses, homeowners’ associations, community centers, libraries, and organizations are all invited to promote the program with these easy-to-use tools:
- Display the Safe Driving Pledge Flyer (en español).
- Download the Safe Driving Pledge icon and place it with
a link to StreetSmartsMarin.com/pledge.html
in emails, newsletters, and on your website.
- After you've taken the pledge, download and display the Safe Driving Pledge Certificate to remind you and others of the commitment you've made for safer streets in Marin.
Benefits for Drivers and the Community
about the benefits of the Pledge Campaign, as well as Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).
Other Resources from
Street Smarts Marin
This website offers the community valuable education and resource tools in the ongoing campaign to improve driver, pedestrian, and bicyclist behaviors. Please take a moment to explore the website to learn more about these resources.